Parks & Recreation
090120 Parks and Recreation Comm Meeting
Commission will be in attendance at City Hall.
Public will attend telephonically.Read More
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 health crisis, and after Jackson County was placed back on the “watch list” due to worries about the health climate, the City is forced to cancel its September Music in the Park offering. The Governor of Oregon has put restrictions on gatherings. Our last show was so great, that we can not make certain that we would have under 100 people attend or that everyone will follow the 6′ social distancing rule.
We know that it is disappointing, but the City must care for it’s citizens, the majority being seniors.
Fogline – https://www.facebook.com/thebandfogline/
The Smokin’ Wagon – https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Product-Service/The-Smokin-Wagon-2100250183585963/
NEXT UP in the Shady Cove Music in the Park series – Saturday, July 11, 6-8 PM – RING OF TREES!
AUNT CAROLINE’S PARK
In an effort to give our citizens a place to enjoy the outd00rs, we are reopening the majority of the park. There are, of course, some restrictions as we go through a nation-wide reopening process. We want everyone to be safe and healthy.
- Please keep 6’ social distancing everywhere in the park.
- If you or your child are feeling ill, please do not use the facilities.
- The bathroom will remain closed until we can safely open it.
- Keep children safe at all times and continue to wash hands regularly after touching common areas.
- Per the direction of the State authorities, the playground equipment is to remain closed off until further notice.
- Benches, doors, tables, and equipment are all newly cleaned and/or painted.
- As the contractor is still working on the ramp, please pay extra attention as you use it. Not having the handrails yet, the stairs will remain closed.
- When in doubt, please err on the side of caution and health.
We will post additional updates on the City website at www.shadycove.org or you may call 541-878-2225. Enjoy your time at the park.
Aunt Caroline’s Park is undergoing a face lift. We will finally be adding much needed stairs!
Also a full ramp to accommodate our seniors!
We will be adding a concrete pad for food trucks to be able to get closer to Music in the Park events as well.
However, during that construction period, starting March 18, we will need to close the play areas. It is for everyone’s safety. We couldn’t be using backhoes 10 feet from children playing.
We have worked it out though to allow parking near the dog walk area and the dog walk will be open.
We will also have the stretch of the park from the dog area to the gazebo open along the creek for your relaxing strolls.
Our Parks and Recreation Commission is also looking at other improvements to our park.
The construction will last into May. We will have everything repainted and cleaned up for the Memorial Day Weekend. Remember to come out and see the completed project and enjoy Music in the Park!
View Construction Plan Overview –
Music in the Park Concert Series 2020!
Please check back to see updates regarding the Music in the Park Season schedule due to the pandemic.