Southern Oregon Sanitation Update
FROM SOS –
Tomorrow (Friday, 9/18), we will be getting the Shady Cove/Trail/Prospect areas that we were unable to get late last week and earlier this week, this service will most likely spill over into Saturday to get everyone with our internal procedures listed below. We will still be unable to get Butte Falls Hwy, the Town of Butte Falls, and some rural areas NE of Eagle Point.
UPDATED INFO –
Our routes are restricted today in the Shady Cove and Hwy 62 areas north of the Evacuation areas. I have attached the internal policy that we have been practicing since last week in both Jackson and Josephine Counties regarding the Obenchain and Slater fires. The short answer is that we wont be inside the City of Shady Cove today, but I will be in contact regarding when we will be able to service your area when the Evacuation level decreases.
- While we did open Sunday we had been closed Monday due to air quality and are open today 9/15/20, our policy is an AQI above 300 or if area is in a stage 2 or 3 we stay closed. With that we have made a few exceptions that I wanted you to know about. Commercial customers can bring in loads and Residential customers that have perishable food can also come in. When these customers come in or call we will take care of them. I know you to understand that studies have been done that show even n95 masks do not help when the air quality is above 300 and we have a first responsibility to keep our employees safe.
Garbage and Recycle Routes
- SOS will continue all operations per our normal operating procedures. There is no intended delay unless the area in inaccessible due to road closures created by adjacent fire evacuation zones.
- SOS operations will not enter this evacuation zones to pick up residential refuse and recycling.
- SOS operations will only enter this zone to service commercial customers on a call in basis, however all routes are delayed until the restrictions are lifted.
- At the request of EMS groups, we will deliver drop boxes in support of fire operations.
- SOS will not enter or circumvent these restrictions to complete any residential, commercial, or industrial refuse or recycling services. This includes any request for fire boxes within zone 3.
Please let me know if you need anything, we are currently evacuated out of our EP office as it is still in a Level 2 Evacuation area, we are running all routes out of our GP office.